This is the most important question we may ever ask. It is important because it affects our life both now and forever ... and it has a great impact on the world we live in. Having a relationship with Jesus Christ is the best decision we can ever make. Let's find out why.
1. Having A Relationship With Jesus Christ Means We Are Forgiven And Pardoned Of All Our Sins.
"God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16 NIV).
Jesus took the penalty for all our sins in his body when He was crucified. He was penalized and judged for our sin providing atonement for you and me so that we do not have to eternally suffer the consequences of our wrong doings. Instead we are completely forgiven (2 Corinthians 5:21, Isaiah 53:5-6).
Jesus is without sin (1 Peter 2:22, Hebrews 4:15). The perfect record of Christ is transferred over to us. The righteousness of God becomes ours and we are given a new & clean record before God.
How do we activate and begin our relationship with Jesus? By repenting and confessing our sins to God and asking for His mercy, forgiveness and salvation. His gift to us of eternal life is not earned but freely given as a gift to those who repent from their sins and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Without Jesus we cannot be saved. We cannot erase our own sin. If we die without a pardon we will pay for every sin we have committed in an eternal prison (Romans 6:23).
"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12 NIV).
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9 NIV).
2. Being In Christ Means The Spirit of God Permanently Abides In Our Bodies (Romans 8:9).
"But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him"
(I Corinthians 6:17 NASB).
We are not merely people trying to better our lives.
We are more than that...we are new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
How can this be possible? The Holy Spirit lives in us.
Yielding to the Spirit of God within our hearts bears His fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God" (Romans 8:14 NIV).
The Holy Spirit transforms our hearts and empowers us for great things.
(2 Corinthians 3:18, I Corinthians 12:7-11)
The Holy Spirit also teaches us how to love God. Loving God with your whole being is the greatest commandment of all (Luke 10:27). We express our love to God through worship, loving our neighbor, applying the Scriptures and by being the unique person God has created us to be.
Listening to the Holy Spirit in our hearts helps us do these things.
3. Following Jesus Christ Opens The Door To Friendship With God.
My favorite part of being a Christian is having a friendship with God.
We have several identities in Christ. As Scripture says ... we are sons or daughters, kings, priests, disciples, sheep, servants and friends of God. God receives and values friendship (James 2:23, Isaiah 41:8).
There is no greater friend than God. We can bring all our cares to Him.
He listens to our needs, our dreams and our venting.
Yes, a great friendship has healthy and respectful communication that grows over the years. There is no topic off limits. Conversations are common. We become closer friends through the easy times and the tough times.
Knowing God as a friend is different than just being His servant (John 15:15).
We enjoy our time together.
Ask God to forgive all your sins. Trust Jesus to save you and pardon you.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life
in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23 NASB)
Take a moment. Pour out your heart to God. Speak to Him. He loves you and is ministering to your heart now. The Holy Spirit is present with you right now to help you pray.
(Acts 3:19, Romans 10:8-13). Let Him know that you are giving your life to Him.
If your answer is 'yes', then you are now a part of God's family both now and forever! (Galatians 3:26).
Congratulations! Your best days are ahead!
(Romans 8:31, John 16:33, Jeremiah 29:11)
The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day (Proverbs 4:18 NIV).
Enjoy Your Relationship With God Beginning With These Steps:
1. BELIEVE that you are ACCEPTED and adopted as a child of God through Christ's sacrifice (1 John 5:13)
2. Pray Daily (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
3. Study the Bible (2 Timothy 2:15). It's food for your soul (Matthew 4:4). Suggestion: Start your Bible reading with the GOSPEL OF MARK . This book will begin to teach you about the incredible life of Jesus Christ.
4. Identify Mentors who inspire & teach you (Ephesians 4:11-13).
5. Assemble with other believers on a regular basis: Church, Bible Group (Hebrews 10:25).
6. Apply God's wisdom and learn how to experience His peace & joy on a daily basis (James 1:5, Colossians 3:15, Romans 14:17).
7. In your daily difficulties ... trust God through all things. He will cause all things to work out for good (John 16:33, Romans 8:28). Turn to Him for everything. His wisdom, power and love will astonish you regularly!
8. Don't underestimate the importance of your life. God has a purpose and a plan for you here on earth. You will accomplish great things (Psalm 149:14, Matthew 19:26, Philippians 4:13).
As you begin your relationship with God through Jesus Christ...
Welcome to the family!
Pastor Steve Garcia
Star Rising Ministries